11.5.06

Jury Service

I got home from work yesterday and there was an envelope on the table from the Department of Justice! Nothing serious of course, but it contained a Jury Service Summons. This is the first time I have received one of these. It's only for the District Court, I'm thankful it's not for the High Court and I would only be required for a week. Of course now I have to decide if I want to get out of it, or if work wants me to get out of it. I guess I'm kinda torn really. Part of me can't be bothered with the fuss of it all. Getting time off work, fighting the traffic into town, finding a park in there and then catching up at work when it's done. But at the same time it would be a really interesting experience to see how the system works. Of course there is the real possibility that I will turn up and then not be selected to serve on a jury anyway. In which case it'll be a day off work and not much more.

No comments: