1.3.09

Enderley Ave

Moving was a drama to say the least. The night before my room was still a pig-sty (when isn't it!?) Still had no truck/van to get all my stuff to Hamilton and Dad was frantic about mum and I being able to move all the stuff, even though my brother was going to help. Enter new friend from Canada with muscles (very important) and not a whole lot to do for the week! Lorne = lifesaver. We also got a truck sorted too at about as last minute as you can get! Mum and Ash rode in the truck and Lorne rode with me. From the time the truck pulled up outside home in Auckland to the time Mum and Ash drove off it was about 4 hours. Super short amount of time to move your whole life.


Lorne hung out with me for a couple of days and totally eased the tension of meeting new flatmates. Who by the way are great!

It was cool getting to know him as well. It's crazy how things work out. I was more than a little bit curious about the best friend of the new youth pastor, who also came around the world to be the Intern at church. I wanted to know the guy who was taking my job! End result of almost 3 days spent entirely with this guy was that I like him. We ended the trip as friends and I was glad for the chance to get to that point. He'll be an asset to LRBC over the year and will also learn and be built into and encouraged while he's here.



We cruised back to Auckland via the WOL offices and Pokeno for icecream.
I would've stayed in Hamilton but I had a few very important things left to do in Auckland. Dinner at the Harknesses, farewell BBQ and commissioning/farewell from LRBC.Aims put on a great evening. Was relaxed and low key and not emotional! Izak also wrote me a song! That made me smile a lot!




I know this is a terrible photo but it's the only one of us from the night! Beautiful friends!












No comments: