23.3.13

Faith building

In life it seems that it is really easy to forget all of the amazing things God does for me. There are the small but not so small daily miracles. Breathing, heart pumping, eyes seeing, ears hearing. I have a roof over my head, food in my cupboards, family that love me. These things God graciously gives me every day with my asking. Today I am pausing to thank God for these things. These things help build my faith.

There's a different side to this too. There are things that I ask God for in prayer. I was challenged last night at Checkpoint to ask for things according to God's will in the situation. Something I knew but clearly needed reminding of. Sometimes the answer is what I want; sometimes it's a no, a wait or a maybe. These responses are all answers. These responses help build my faith.

Something special that God does for me and for many others too is speak into situations in my life, show me things, give me a scripture that encourages me. These arrive in a way that feels sort of like a whisper to my soul. I've come to realise that it is really easy to miss these things in the busyness of life or write them off as mere coincidences. I am choosing to see these things as 'Just so obviously God' moments in my life. Not surprisingly it's easier to see/hear these things when I'm walking closely with God, something that is quite a journey in itself. I am choosing to see these moments though and I'm choosing to see God's hand in them. I am writing them down because these just so obviously God moments help build my faith.

No comments: