23.11.08

Humble

That's my word for the day.

I had to stand up in church this morning and do something that most people never have to do. I had to ask people to consider supporting me financially next year. It's really a bizarre thought, that people would donate money so that I can afford to live. That they would even give me money full stop. It's humbling to say the least.

I mean, it's so awesome and so encouraging that people believe in the work I'll be doing. I am so grateful to these people. I'm blessed.

I sense too more of a responsibility living this way, by faith, I mean. The fact that I'll be relying on so many people, means that they have a vested interest in what I'm doing. I'll be accountable to many more people than in a regular job. I have to act even more responsibly than normal with how I spend money. I have a feeling I'm going to learn anew he value of what I have. It is at the same time exciting to think that I will be sharing with so many people the joy of serving the Lord in this way, with Word of Life.

Tim was praying during the service this morning too for our new government and things and he quoted this passage from 2 Chronicles 7:14. It is when the LORD appeared to Solomon after the temple had been dedicated. It's an amazing promise spoken right out of the LORD's mouth. It's a matter of the people, or us today, being humble before the LORD, the creator of the heavens. In our humility and seeking of the LORD there he will be. Ready to forgive and to heal.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear them from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

No comments: