7.1.12

All over

I looked at my camera yesterday and for a moment thought, oh great what am I going to take a picture of today! But it's over! Feeling bittersweet about it. It's cool to have a record of my year in photos though. There are 1 or 2 cheats in there! A couple of days filled in with random photos and a couple from Ainsley too. When I look back to that first photo of Alastair and I on New Years Day it's hard to believe that was a year ago. So much has happened and changed in this past year. I've moved house 3 times and been overseas 3 times and made some pretty big decisions about what I'm doing in 2012.

I was thinking last night about the whole new years resolution thing. Not something I really do, except for 2011 and taking a photo every day for a year (which showed me I can stick to something when I want to...hmmm). Well anyway I read 1 Corinthians 12 & 13 and really felt challenged to work on the different ways love is described in 1 Cor 13:1-7. I say that I love God and that I love different people around me but I know that when I read the things in that passage about patience and pride and selflessness and how they are what love is... eek, those things don't come easily for me. So this year I really want to work on those things. The underlying things that make love love.

1 comment:

Cilla said...

I have loved your year of photos - thanks for sharing! I'm excited for the new chapter of your life this year! You are precious to me xx